Monday, August 30, 2010

before and after

We just finished painting Ansley's room...well you know how I love before and after pictures. So I'm going to post some almost before pictures (because once again I didn't think of it until we had started putting the primer on) and then the after. I love having a girl!

Before: The brown wood under the window would have been what the real before picture would have looked like...dark and dungeon-y. After:Before: After: Added a little pink to the back of the bookshelf.For some reason our landlords took off some doors in the house...including this closet door, so I added a curtain and tie-back which hides all that loveliness behind it.

And then a few refurbished pieces...you know how much we like to re-do furniture. We added some fresh paint to this dresser we got at a estate sale for $12. And then I added some ceramic green knobs to it.The lamp I got at Ikea over 7 years ago and the shade had seen better days. So I took some left over fabric from the closet door curtain and wrapped it around the shade and added some beads from Ansley's old diaper bag to add a little shabby/chic to it.And we gave this bookcase a fresh coat of paint as well. Jason built this when Ethan was a baby.

7 comments:

Jonesey said...

What a cute room! I really like her book case, that is so cute, and the pink striped walls. The lamp makeover is fun, too, with the beads and you know I am loving the ladybug mirror :)

Congratulations, she is going to have so much fun in there (especially when boys are doing school :) )

Anonymous said...

How very cute!! Need a close up of the curtain fabric. Love the stripes on the wall and pink on the back of the book shelf. Very creative. Mom

Anonymous said...

So cute! Don't you just love before and after pictures? I really like the stripes! Did Ansley say anything about her room?

Tara

Ryan said...

You did a great job! I'm impressed w/ all your furniture refurbishing--it looks wonderful. And I agree, the stripes are such a good idea!

joc said...

So sweet! You wanna come decorate for me? :)

Lori Waggoner said...

Lovely, Erin! I find this kind of work some of the most satisfying...taking something "ugly" and inexpensively transforming into something beautiful! Great job.

sohee said...

what a sweet makeover! love it!