Monday, August 23, 2010

laundry


This has become my new "chore"...line drying our laundry. You might think it's because I am really concerned about the environment and want to save energy. Nope. Or you might think it's because I love the smell of laundry hung out on the line. Nope, it actually doesn't smell clean to me once I take it off the line. Or you might think we don't own a dryer. Nope, it works great and I still use it for my towels. I just can't get past the stiff, cardboard towels. So you're probably wondering why in the world do we line dry out clothes? Well it's to save money on our electric bill.

Our new place is great! But we do have to pay for utilities now, where before they were included. And you would think that living in a place with no air conditioning or heating our utilities would be the one thing that would be affordable. But unfortunately like everything else here they are ridiculously high. So to help reduce our bill a bit I decided to line dry most of our laundry...and what I have discovered is that I actually kind of enjoy it. Weird I know. But it's a nice break to have some time to think and slow down during the day. I actually look forward to the break. The part I don't look forward to is the putting all the clothes away. But I would have to do that whether I line dried or not.

2 comments:

sohee said...

surprisingly, i've actually been enjoying it too! it does allow me to take time to just enjoy the outside air and smell the air... i think i'm going to have to put the towels in the dryer as i'm not so sure it's working out for us :)

RT said...

I like to line dry, too! But I think it's because I find it a bit romantic and I don't really *have* to do it. : )