Friday, December 04, 2009

Day 4

Frozen Yogurt
Fridays are our pizza and ice cream night...usually homemade pizza and ice cream out at Yogurt Mamas (or as Ethan says Yogurt Llamas). But sometimes we stay home to save a few bucks and make our own ice cream. So I found a frozen yogurt recipe on line and tried it...let me just say that it will be hard to have frozen "yogurt" any other place now since I've had the real thing....although Yogurt Mamas is a close second. As the website says it is "a wonderfully tangy, not-too-sweet, creamy white cloud of perfect frozen deliciousness". If you are not a fan of plain yogurt this may not appeal to you but around here we eat plain yogurt like it's going out of style...with a little fruit and honey on top of course.

And I got a big container of organic yogurt on clearance at our health food store for $1, since it was a day from its expiration date. So I made a quart of frozen yogurt for $1...you can't beat that.

1 comment:

joc said...

I'm cold just looking at that! :)