Monday, August 10, 2009

reading

"I have never been able to resist the appeal of a child who asks, "Read to me, please?" The warm security of a little person cuddled close, loving the pictures which help tell the story, listening to the rhythm of the words, laughing in all the right places as the policeman stops Boston traffic for the mother duck and her family in ...Make Way for Ducklings. Or the safe, soothing feeling of ...Good Night Moon, or the wonder of...White Snow, Bright Snow." (p. 19)

I just finished reading the book Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. For all mothers out there, I highly recommend this book to you. I do love how my boys cuddle up to me while I read them a book...and I especially melt when I see their daddy reading to them on the floor and Jude has climbed up on his back to get a better view.

2 comments:

ERH said...

i've never read the book but have always heard it's wonderful. did you know that she has a blog that gives tips on good books and such? i check it for book ideas for the kids. it's so much fun to have kids still and cuddled up when i read to them.

Joc said...

Even today, whenever I hear my dad read something, I am immediately transported back to my childhood, when he read and read and read to me. What a great memory your kids will have too. :)