Saturday, August 15, 2009

the big 6

6 years old that is. Why does 6 seem so much older than 5? Our theme for the day was the number 6.

Number 6 pancakes (idea came from my friend Lisa)...these looked better on the other side but then it would be backwards. But the boys gobbled them up and that's all that mattered.

and a number 6 cake.

Our big celebration was at Chuck E. Cheese where you can see by their expressions that they had a blast...they're just very serious when it comes to playing games. But with all the chaos there, I think we all left with blank stares and feeling a little overwhelmed.


And then you can't leave out the presents. I think his expression says it all here.

Happy Birthday Ethan! We are so thankful for our energetic, full of life, loving, hard worker, adventuresome little/big boy! I can't wait to see what little man God is going to grow you up to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday. Love the expressions. Mimi

Anonymous said...

I love the expressions - from the serious to the excited! That is so cute! And I love the #6 cake - did you make that??

Oh, and I keep meaning to email you with some questions about homeschooling!