Monday, August 31, 2009

a couple of projects

We've had a few projects lately that we've been working on...and since I'm a fan of before and after pictures, I thought I would post a few.

Our first project was to put in a chalkboard for our school time...but the problem we encountered was that we didn't have any wall space for one. So I found some chalkboard paint and used our school "closet" as the canvas.
BEFORE:
This is the only before picture I could find...since I forgot to take the before picture. So look beyond the silly kids and the cabinet is what we used.
AFTER:

Our next project was a toy box we picked up at the thrift store for super cheap. As you can see by the pictures I almost forgot to take a before picture...so it's half painted and I already took the wooden knobs off the front. But you get the idea....pretty ugly.
BEFORE:
AFTER:

4 comments:

Jonesey said...

inspiring!

Those are so fun!

Anonymous said...

The baby makes it look a lot cuter! ha I love multipurpose things. Way to go!

Tara

Joc said...

Ooh, I love the color you painted that chest. And I do the same thing...forget to take before pictures until I've already started changing things up. And Ansley is just too adorable in that chest.

valthecraftygal said...

so much better I love it, love it great job!!