Tuesday, July 08, 2008

swim lessons


Ethan has been taking swim lessons for the past couple of weeks with Auntie Patty. He started off with being able to put his face in the water and that was about it. Now he is a little fish swimming on his own...not perfect form but swimming across the pool without holding onto anyone or anything. He is so proud of his accomplishment and Auntie Patty says every time he comes up for air he has a big smile on his face.

Sorry the pictures aren't very close or clear of Ethan's actual swimming technique but I am actually afraid of Auntie Patty. She is great at what she does but she is also very militant about it...I just try to stay out of the way. So I was trying to take a picture without her seeing me. Yes I am a grown women and it's a bit silly but she states her expectations very clearly with her students and the parents...and she lets you know when you're not meeting that expectation. So I will continue to take my pictures of my little swimmer in secret.

Pictures to come... Ethan now calls himself a surfer with his new confidence in his swimming ability. So he takes his boogie board to the beach whenever he can and says he's going "surfing". Cute stuff!

1 comment:

Malia said...

I took swimming lessons from Auntie Patty too! Is she near your house? That's where she used to be, but I think it was the Mom of the lady you go to. Or maybe there is more than one Auntie Patty in Hawaii?! :) I used to m-n-m's for getting coins off of the bottom.