Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm back...


I can't believe my time in Chattanooga has come and gone. All I can say is God has blessed me with some great friends. I miss being able to hang out with these friends of mine and wish we didn't live so far away. But the great thing about friends like these is that even with distance and time separating our friendship, it is still so easy to just pick up where we left off. I feel refreshed (other than the traveling 12 hours one-way part) and encouraged...I look forward to the next reunion.

While I was there we did a lot of talking/laughing and catching up, eating great food, watching HGTV and a couple of chick-flicks, going to IKEA and Target, and lots of relaxing. We also did a bit of "sight-seeing" of the new places around Chattanooga. One being the updates at Covenant College while also catching up with some friends/staff. We also drove by our old St. Elmo house and I got to catch up with friends on Sunday at our old church, St. Elmo Pres.


It was fun to see everyone's houses/home improvements and little munchkins...a lot has changed in the 3 years since we moved.


I also got to be there to hear of a couple of pregnancy announcements and to see Ryan off to her first day as a nurse intern (not sure the exact title)...cute scrubs by the way.

I must say the air-conditioning was great also...even though I was freezing the whole time I was there...this Hawaiian girl isn't used to such cold air. And I really enjoyed the outdoors...especially in my friend Jocelyn's backyard. The post where I said that I have a brown thumb and will just have to enjoy others hard work, was exactly what I did in her backyard...we even got to eat some of the fresh veggies from her amazing gardens.


My time there went way too fast but I am so glad I was able to go even if it was for a short time.

7 comments:

Joc said...

We LOVED having you too! I love that you already posted Ry's first day of work photo...that'll be up soon on my blog too. :) And even though lots has changed in 3 years, so much has stayed the same, wouldn't you say?

Ryan said...

You're right, it was way too short. But I enjoyed just being able to hang out and catch up w/o having an agenda of things to do that took up all our time. Hopefully it won't be another 3 years before you're back here again.

Thanks, Jason, for sending us your wife. We've missed her!

Jess said...

I had such a great time hanging out and catching up! I only wish I had gotten some pictures - I never think of that until it is too late!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! So glad you were able to go!
Tara

Anonymous said...

So glad you got away even for a short time. It looks like it was a great time. You have some really nice friends--what a blessing! Mom H

Lori Waggoner said...

So happy you were able to make that trip, Erin! There truly is nothing like hanging out with faithful established friends. There is nothing but sweetness in every one of those faces in the pictures. Good for you.

I still miss Chattanooga and I haven't lived there for 17 years now! I keep hoping one of the boys will end up at Covenant so I'll have a reason to visit regularly! My secret dream is to live on the mountain someday.

Tabitha said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! I'm sad that I couldn't join you fun ladies. Next reunion ... I'm there! :)