Thursday, April 26, 2007

a sewing urge



Every once in a while I get this urge to sew something. I'm not sure what triggers it but I always think it will bring this overwhelming sense of accomplishment because I created it myself. But it usually creates this sense that the project took way too long, it didn't turn out like I thought it would and wanting to put the sewing machine away for a long, long time. So this is my latest sewing project. This is Ethan's room and while it's not quite done, we're going for the beach themed look. I made a very light weight comforter (since you don't really need anything more than a sheet in Hawaii) and curtains (try to ignore the shade that is falling off the window in the background...Ethan thought it would be fun to shread it one day during nap time).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. It isn't the typical beach theme with the shells, it is more a boys room with surf boards and what I think of as "Hawaii" prints.

I get the same way about my crochet projects- they tend to take too long.

But those are great. I admire you for the comforter too, that is a big project.

Momathon said...

That is too funny. I can TOTALLY relate. The room looks great.

Anonymous said...

Erin his room looks great! You're inspiring me to get back to Alice's curtains...I've been putting them off for so long now as we work on other stuff around the house.
Michelle W