Saturday, December 23, 2006

more hawaiian adventures




Well I'm not sure my family knew what they were agreeing to when they decided to come visit us in Hawaii...our adventures have included climbing a mountain, kayaking out to an island with rough waves and surfing. Talk about a Christmas to remember. I think the best memory I will have is my parents catching a wave in their kayak and surfing into shore. I don't think they were planning on doing that but the ocean has a mind of its own.

Yesterday Jeffry and Jason climbed one of the mountains here and had some great pictures of their view (blogger wouldn't let me download any more pictures). Then today all the adults (kids were home with a babysitter) kayaked out to an island, had lunch and explored around. We saw two sea turtles and Jason and I only tipped 3 times. We attempted to surf the wave side-ways...doesn't work.

Then Jeffry and Jason finished the day with some surfing. The waves weren't that great but Jeffry was learning how to paddle out and catch a wave. I think we'll take the next two days to take it easy and celebrate our Saviors birth.

I'm thinking next week might entail snorkeling and going to the memorial in Pearl Harbor....stay tuned.

No comments: