Friday, December 29, 2006

good times

thank goodness for self-timers
Yesterday we wrapped up my families visit with a little more sight-seeing...seeing the blow-hole, stopping by Costco to get some dried mango's, driving through Waikiki, stopping to get some malasadas, and then getting some last minute souvenirs. Mimi had some time to play a little piano too which Jude enjoyed and the guys did some guys stuff by fixing a part on the car. But unfortunately the weather was cool and rainy all day so there was no last minute surfing like we had hoped...and Jenny was hoping for a little last minute sun tanning.


Well my family left to go back home last night. Ethan woke up this morning and told me "Mimi and Papa went home on an airplane"...I'm glad he is at an age now where he understands so that he doesn't keep asking where they went. I still can't believe how quickly the time went. We got so used to them all being here that it was hard to get back into our regular routine...we miss them. So I think it will take me a couple of days to get over my "missing my family" funk. But it has motivated us to start planning our trip back to the mainland this summer.

1 comment:

kimberlynoele said...

Be sure to let us know when you make your trip so we can have a roommate reunion.