Friday, September 29, 2006

calling daddy



Ethan is such a big boy lately with all of his new vocabulary. He surprises us more and more with how much he can say and how much we actually understand now. He still gets word order messed up sometimes or misuses his pronouns. Such as "hold you" instead of "hold me" or "help you" instead of "help me", but the one that topped it off lately was "you fall off my pants". Jason and I both looked at each other hoping the other one would know what he was talking about. And then finally we realized his pants were falling down and he needed help pulling them back up. So I'm not sure how he got "you fall off my pants" but I think he got confused with whether or not to say "you" or "me" that it came out sounding all wrong.

It's fun to have conversations with him now even if it's not really important stuff...such as, "what are you drinking mommy? Is it good?". But he has gotten better at conversation on the phone too. In the picture he told me he was going to call daddy (which thankfully he doesn't know how to use a phone yet so he was just pretending) and then acted just like mommy does on the phone by saying "uh-huh" or "okay". So I thought it was pretty cute considering he wasn't really talking to anyone.

No comments: