Saturday, September 23, 2006

the big 3-0

Well today was my birthday. I have now entered a new decade. I don't feel any older...which I guess is a good thing. And everyone tells me I will appreciate my young looking face when I am older.

My wonderful husband made sure that my 'turning a new decade birthday' was very special by making sure it was a whole day of relaxing. He did everything from feeding and taking care of the kids to doing the dishes and cleaning up the house.

We started off the day by going out to breakfast at Cinnamons. I got their very delicious carrot pancakes. We had a great time and the kiddo's were very well behaved. It was so enjoyable that we thought about possibly going out to breakfast more often.

I then did a little birthday shopping with the some of the money I got for my birthday. I had quite a fun time...not that I don't love being with my family but it was really nice to be on my own for a little bit. We then had sushi for lunch (California roll...not real sushi) which is what I requested. It's funny how my birthday kind of revolved around what food I wanted to eat but I guess the whole point was that I didn't have to make one single meal all day...not even a pb&j sandwich.

And then for dinner Jason grilled some salmon and other tasty things. A friend of ours made a cake for me which all of us enjoyed very much (as you can see in the picture). We then took a walk after dinner. It was nice to end the day being together as a family and enjoying the not so hot later evening breeze. I think what topped my birthday off was when Ethan was making Jude giggle so hard that I had tears rolling down my face from laughing right along with him. It's one of those times I wish I had the video camera because it was Jude's first big belly laugh and the first time Ethan realized that his little brother thinks he's pretty funny. Ethan was laughing just as hard which made it all the more funny.


So I must say turning 30 is not so bad. I have a lot to be thankful for and I feel blessed that at 30 God has given me two great kids, a very loving husband and a chance to live in a unique and beautiful place that challenges me every day to rely on God more and more. It's neat to look back and see how God has worked in our lives and how he lead us to where we are today.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday (late)! I'm glad you had a special day.