Monday, November 21, 2011

"aloha pumehana"

A friend of mine wrote these words in an e-mail to me today. It means "good-bye with sincere affection", which sums up my feelings as we embark on a new adventure for our family. For those of you who are not family but happen to read my blog...Jason got a job on the mainland and we are moving May 2012. How funny that when we first moved to Hawaii all I could think about was how I couldn't wait to move back to the mainland. Everything seemed so strange here...very beautiful...but very different than what I was used to. And now 6 years later this amazing and unique place seems so normal and I'm trying to remember what it was like living on the mainland. So as our move gets closer I will explain more of our new adventure in detail, but for now, I thought it would be fun to do a "top 10" list of what I love and will miss about living in Hawaii.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Joc said...

REALLY?? I'm totally gonna give you a call about this...

Rebekah Crossman said...

Where is the new job?

Lindsey said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear more! This is big news! The Ericksons are praying with excitement for y'all!

ERH said...

Wow! Maybe that means we'll be able to see each other more! I'm excited to have you closer but I know it'll be a bittersweet transition for sure.

Anonymous said...

Let the countdown begin. Mom