Tuesday, November 22, 2011

#10 The Weather

One thing I have learned about living in Hawaii is that there is no point in looking at the forecast or watching the news for the weather. Everyday is basically the same temperature as the day before and it is either partly cloudy/partly sunny and possibility of a shower. That way they cover all bases. And yes, the forecast above says "chilly" on the days that are 81 and 82 degrees...we are wimps. As much as I miss the changing seasons and the cooler weather of fall, I think I will miss the mild days of Hawaii. I know having little ones it has been a life saver...they can play outside all year long or we can go for walks pretty much every evening (unless it is raining).

And as I hear from my mainland friends the pain of changing out seasonal clothes, I am very thankful that we can pretty much wear summer clothes all year (we do own a jacket and a couple pairs of pants each). I can buy an outfit for the kids a year in advance because I don't have to wonder if it will fit them for the right season.


As you can see by this picture Lainey is in for a shock. This is what we dress her in for our evening walks...sweater, pants and socks. As Ethan used to say, we are going to have to buy a lot of "tall pants" if we are going to survive a winter on the mainland...and coats, boots, socks, sweaters...

2 comments:

RT said...

And this is why we call Hawaii paradise! Oh my, I can hardly fathom living in a place where the weather is this steady and gorgeous. I read some Jeff Foxworthy quote last night that said you know you're from Nebraska when you switch from heat to AC in one day... and back again. Yup. Our weather here has multiple personalities!

I'm going to enjoy reading this series, Erin. May God bless your upcoming adventures!

Anonymous said...

The weather is harder to forecast here in MO. Not so in Hawaii. Didn't you miss those sweaters, winter coats, gloves, hats, scarves, etc.? It will be great fun keeping track of all those things for six people. Love it! Mom