Monday, September 19, 2011

snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...



...add to that lizards too. Jude brought this little guy in...it's his new found hobby...to catch lizards. They are fast so it does take some skill to catch them. So he brought this one in to show me. I must say I have had to learn, as a mom of boys, to not scream or react to things like this because I like that my boys love creepy crawly things.

So I calmly asked "Wow, how did you catch it?"

Jude: "By it's tail. Don't worry his tail didn't come off."

Me: "Oh, good."

Jude: "Aaaaaaaa!"

As I jump and look over at him, this little lizard has bitten his finger and grabbed on pretty tight. Thankfully these lizards don't have teeth.

Jude after he pried off the lizard: "Don't worry mom, there's no blood."

Then he asks "Can we keep it as a pet?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember all the critters that we saw. Also remember catching a lizard or two myself. Glad the tail didn't come off. He is a nature boy. Mimi