Monday, March 21, 2011

hawaiian hurricane popcorn with mochi and nori

Did you just read that title and say "what?". Yeah when I first saw this popcorn I thought how could you ruin such a good thing like popcorn and butter or cheesy popcorn or caramel corn. But this has really grown on me. I must say seaweed (nori) in my popcorn is actually really good and I kind of prefer it now...plus all the salt and butter they throw on there too. And the rice crackers (mochi) I don't even mind anymore. I think I'm becoming more local the longer I live here. As you can see my kiddo's love it too. The thing I have a problem with is the little pieces of seaweed everywhere.


2 comments:

Joc said...

I have never heard of anything like this! But if I ever get out to visit you, I'm totally up for trying it. So intriguing!

Anonymous said...

We just got back from a trip to the Big Island and fell in love with Mochi and Furikake popcorn! Was shocked to see it served at the movie theater. I grew up on Mochi, furikake, and arare but never thought to pair the two! : )