Monday, July 19, 2010

home is a place to gather


Wow, after moving, going out of town and my camera being out of commission, I have had a hard time finding time and energy for the blog. So I decided I would set a goal for myself this week...to blog every day for a week to get back into the routine. It may be a random thought or it may just be a picture, but it will be something about our lives. So to start things off I will put a picture of our amazing view in the new house (don't worry grandma's pictures of the grandkids are coming). We love our funny little Hawaiian house with all its quirks. Every day we are thankful for this place that God provided for us. We're in the process of painting walls right now (pictures to come) so we're still not quite settled completely but it is a house that fits our needs so well. The kids have space to play, we have space to have friends (old and new) over for gatherings, we have room right now for a friend that needs a place to stay until she can find her own place, we have room for our little homeschool and plenty of room for the neighbor kids to all congregate (pictures to come). I've always thought of our home being a place for others to come and gather with us, so we're thankful to God for giving us a place to do that.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow! What a view! Looking forward to more pictures of your new place.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Mom

joc said...

Love the picture! Can I come visit, please? :)