Friday, May 08, 2009

hot days

Lately it has been stinkin' hot...not just warm but unbearably hot...and for some reason air conditioning is not a common thing to have in homes here. I don't get it. This is typical Hawaiian summer weather but it's ONLY May. And the summer's here last until December. So all this to say that I'm not enjoying Hawaii right now. Heat = cranky for me. So once again this is a great lesson in contentment...I just tend to be a horrible student lately. Anyway, this blog was not meant for rants, so now I will post a couple of pictures on how we try to cope with the heat:

We were baking cookies last night (which doesn't help with the heat by the way) and I had to laugh...sometimes it's just cooler to not wear shorts.
Our friends let us use their pool. I think their exact words were "use our pool anytime". So I hope they were being literal because we are going to be there EVERY day....maybe we'll just move into their house. Ansley got to wear her first swimsuit. Makes you want to just squeeze her doesn't it? I love having a little girl.

No comments: