Wednesday, May 13, 2009

baby food


I can't believe we are at this stage already and at the same time I am so glad we are at this stage already. Most moms dread the solid food stage but I count down the days until I can feed them solids. My babies just seem happier and more content with solids in their bellies...well except this little Ansley of ours. She keeps us on our toes and makes sure she never does anything twice. Makes this "I like order, I like predictability" mom quite frazzled a lot of the time. I am curious to see what this little girls personality is going to be like...it's already quite different than either of my boys. I think she actually has a little bit of both - Ethan's excitement for life and Jude's laid back tendencies...with a little kick of feistiness. I don't know where she gets that from. ;o)

little tidbit of info: I do make my own baby food. Not because I'm an all organic, all natural kind of mom...but because it saves SO much money. I bought this no sugar added applesauce for $3.50 (blended it a bit to make it a little more smooth) and it makes an equivalent of about 18 jars of baby food. Two jars of baby food go for $1.19 here in Hawaii...such a savings! Which is good because once again I have a child that eats anything I put before her. I was making carrot baby food yesterday and I gave her a little taste. It was a new taste for her but she still ate it and wanted more. She is quite the spitter-upper so we might wait a little while before we introduce orange food....oh the stains that will create.

2 comments:

Joc said...

Erin, you're so awesome.

Rebekah Crossman said...

Love the idea of putting it in ice cubes trays. I just used the old baby food containers and frooze them that way. I made all of Parker's food after we knew he wasn't allergic to anything. It saves so much money for sure. I am looking forward to doing it again