Friday, May 29, 2009

5 months old

Today Ansley is 5 months old! I always think the next month will be so much different than the last but not much has changed....we're still working on the skill of flipping over from back to stomach. We REALLY want her to learn this so that when she is in bed she can flip herself back over and go back to sleep. She still gets in the crawl position but just kind of flops forward or backward. So she scoots around but just inches, so my floors can remain dirty. :o)

And the latest on our growing girl:
She eats anything we give her....from peas to papayas. But unfortunately she still spits up quite a bit and we're constantly soaking and scrubbing everything she comes in contact with. It's always great when you're out and about and your baby spits up all over you...or down your shirt.

She loves her exer-saucer and spends lots of her time eating all the toys on it... She has found her feet and loves to grab onto them...she just can't quite get them into her mouth (because of those rolie polie thighs) so she looses interest in her feet quite quickly.She has learned how to grab hair now and then pull it so that she can suck on our faces. That's always fun to have baby slobber dripping off your face. I'm glad, right now, Ethan thinks it's funny.

She has figured out how to use her voice and can scream like no child I have ever heard. And right now she is perfecting the whine....we'll have to nip that one in the bud. She has also got giggles that make us all laugh along because it is just so stinkin' cute.

She really enjoys the car now so sometimes we just make up errands to run just so we can go ride in the car.

We're excited to see what the next month will bring. Time is flying...although some days feel like an eternity. :o)

3 comments:

Jonesey said...

Hey Erin!

Josie cries like nothing I have heard in my house, too. When we first went on a long car ride when she was just about 5 months old she did this horrifying hiccuppy cry and I thought for sure she was dying and then I realized she was a girl. I had no idea that's how it would be!
She's cute. Great idea photographing her with the stuffed animal, really gives you some perspective!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th month birthday Ansley. We enjoyed seeing you on Skype the other night (for us--afternoon for you). Tell your sweet brothers "hi". Love ya, M Harris

sbh said...

Erin,

Hey! I have been meaning to tell you that we are coming to Hawaii in about a week for vacation and would love to get together with you guys! I think that Julie Moss may have already mentioned it to you, because she has been in contact with Josh, but I wanted to give you a head's up as well. We are excited to see you and meet your newest sweet addition! You have some cutie pies on your hands : ) I hope you're doing well and please email me at sbhager@gmail.com. I was wondering if there is something I can bring you from Saint Louis that you've been craving/missing? Anything....just let me know!

Love, sarah