Monday, August 11, 2008

big day

This is a monumental day today. Jason had his first day of teaching...I told him I wanted to take his picture, like the first day of school pictures. But he didn't go for that. But it is really exciting to start this new opportunity God has presented to Jason. I was asking him questions last night about what he was going to teach on the first day, etc. and once I got him started I couldn't stop him. He is really excited about where God has called him to at this time. It's neat to see all of the work, planning, renovations, frustrations, set-backs, break-throughs that have gone on this summer to lead to this day...the first day for the secondary school at Trinity Christian School. It's also amazing to see how God has prepared Jason for this day to be an administrator and teacher through all of his experiences he's had over the years (jobs, masters degrees, conferences, meeting other administrators and teachers, reading great resources, etc.). God's timing is amazing. I am thankful that we have God leading us through this new adventure here in Hawaii.

The other part to this monumental day is that I am 20 weeks pregnant, which means I am half way there. I can't believe how quickly it's gone but at the same time I feel like I've been pregnant forever. So for those of you who say I don't look pregnant in pictures....here's the proof.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Yes, it IS a big day, and I'm excited, too! And nervous!
And looking forward to working with Jason. It's funny that he's my boss now. :-)

You look great, Erin!

ERH said...

You look great! that's so exciting about Jason, too. hope he has a great first day.

Joc said...

You look fabulous! And I'm so excited for Jason and your family. It's awesome to see how God leads your family, even if it IS all the way to Hawaii. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the other comments about how wonderful you look. This is a very exciting time. Love ya, Mom H

lydia said...

oh please! you look amazing and so tiny! Congratualtions on having a girl! It's fun to check in and see how you are doing. - lydia (counts) sweet

Anonymous said...

What a little bump! Too cute! I didn't realize that Jason was teaching also. What class/subject? I feel so out of it. We just got back from Branson tonight and tomorrow is the first day of school. Note to self: don't do this again next year. Have a day inbetween:)
Tara

Momathon said...

Yes, you do look great. And for the record, you could just be a regular beer drinker ;-)

It is really somethign to see how God works in lives, ins't it? And like you said, all the trials, struggles, etc. come due on a day like that. It definitely has the feel of "something big."

RT said...

Very cute baby bump there, Erin!

Lori Waggoner said...

Holy cow! That's 5 months?! That's me on any given day by 5 pm. You look fabulous, dahling!