Friday, December 14, 2007

christmas cookies



I wasn't planning on doing any Christmas baking this year because...well because I just didn't feel like it. So I don't know if it was because we are sans Jason these last couple of days and I wanted something to fill my time, or if the cool 75 degree weather got me in the baking mood. But I saw this recipe on another blog and really wanted to try it...not sure why because it is way too time consuming. But the best tasting cut-out cookies I have ever had...if I do say so myself.

It's not just your normal sugar cookie. It has a little bit of orange (or lemon) zest. Once it's rolled, cut out and put on a lightly greased cookie sheet...an egg yolk "paint" gives it some festive color and then it can be popped in the oven. By looking at the pictures you would think it would be a fun thing for little kids to do...but let's just say that Jude was told "no" a lot and finally was excused from the table with parts of angels and corners of stars missing...with the evidence smeared all over his face. But for Ethan's age and older it is a really fun project.


Once the icing was drizzled on the top, we got to enjoy eating them. Yum!

1 comment:

Joc said...

I made those same cookies for Christmas in Dixie! They were so yummy- I loved the addition of orange zest.