Monday, February 19, 2007

president's day

Found some great quotes by former presidents in a prayer book I've been reading lately. I thought it would be appropriate (today being president's day) to share. It's a great reminder for me to pray for our leaders...that they would be given wisdom and that they would find their strength in God, their Savior.

"Direct my thought, words and work, wash away my sins in the immaculate Blood of the Lamb, and purge my heart by Thy Holy Spirit...Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son Jesus Christ."
George Washington, 1st U.S. President

"There are a good many problems before the American people today, and before me as President, but I expect to find the solution to those problems just in the proportion that I am faithful in the study of the Word of God."
Woodrow Wilson, 28th U.S. President

"The time has come to turn to God and reassert our trust in Him for the healing of America...Our country is in need of and ready for a spiritual renewal."
Ronald Reagan, 40th U.S. President

"The men who have guided the destiny of the United States have found the strength for their tasks by going to their knees."
Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th U.S. President

"I pray Heaven bestow the best of blessings on this House and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
John Adams, 2nd U.S. President

"The Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us; so that He may incline our hearts to Him, to walk in all His ways...that all peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no other."
George Bush, 41st U.S. President

"We all can pray. We all should pray. We should ask the fulfillment of God's will. We should ask for courage, wisdom, for the quietness of soul which comes alone to them who place their lives in His hands."
Harry S. Truman, 33rd U.S. President

"The spirit of man is more important than mere physical strength, and the spiritual fiber of a nation then its wealth."
Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th U.S. President

No comments: