Wednesday, February 07, 2007

the little cabooses


Well as some of you know, Jason is out of town for the week visiting some classical schools on the mainland with some staff from the school and church. So it has been Ethan, Jude and I for the week. We've had fun hanging out with friends and have tried to keep busy so the time will go fast for Jason to return. So last night I thought it would be fun to go for a bike ride after dinner and put the two boys in the bike trailor. It made me laugh to see both of them in that little trailor...I think Ethan has outgrown it...but they didn't complain (except for the occasional scream from Jude when Ethan was leaning on him too much) and we had fun riding down to the beach park and back. It definitely gave me a work-out pulling over 50 lbs. behind me. Jason is usually the one that bikes with them and I have my bike to myself, so now I can relate to how much he works to pull them around. Before Jason left we started using a tandem bike (that someone gave us) on the back of my bike for Ethan and Jude was in the trailor behind Jason's bike. It has been great for Ethan to learn how to peddle and balance....although usually I'm weaving back and forth because Ethan isn't paying attention and is turning around to look at everything we are passing. The other night I could hear Jason behind me telling Ethan to sit down. It wasn't until we got home that Jason said Ethan was standing on the peddles (as we were buzzing down the street) and holding on with one hand while he was pulling the wedgy out with the other. Crazy kid.

1 comment:

Tara Burnett said...

I can remember pushing Tyler and Kyle in the double stroller up the big hill at our old house and thinking I was going to pass out. I can imagine the great workout you got:) Bob will be out of town for the next few days too and of course Tyler gets sick and Anna screams bloody-murder for an hour last night. I took her to the doctor today and she is fine. So I hope she doesn't do that again. Well, you're halfway there. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'll do the same. Although I'll probably call you soon and be telling you me woes:)