Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy thanksgiving


We had a great time having our friends over for Thanksgiving dinner...Beau, Malia and their girls and our friend Kat and her son Clay-we wished Cliff could have come too but are very thankful for all that he is doing for us over in Iraq. We are truly thankful for the freedoms that God has blessed this country with and for the men and women that make sacrifices to keep those freedoms.

We started out the day with a great brunch (from Dream Dinners, which many of our sides came from too) and then as the little ones went down for their naps, the big kids and dads headed to the beach so us moms could chat and hang out...I mean cook Thanksgiving dinner. It was a great time together.

We started off our dinner with saying what we were thankful for but with 5 kids under the age of 6 we got a little distracted and never finished going around. So I thought I would take this time to list some of the things that I am thankful for.

- I am thankful for our God and Savior- for His love for us, his provision, and His amazing grace.
- I am thankful for Jason and my boys and the joy...and sometimes pain ;o)...that they are to me.
- I am thankful for the challenges of life that help me to grow and know my Savior even more.
- I am thankful for my church and for wonderful teaching.
- I am thankful for our families.
- I am thankful of the house that we live...even though I complain about it a lot.
- I am thankful that all of our needs are provided for...especially when everything is so expensive here.
- I am thankful for our friends from the past and the present.
- I am thankful for our adventures here in Hawaii.
- I am thankful that my family is coming to visit us this Christmas season.

Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving holiday...I'm off to have another piece of pie.

2 comments:

Momathon said...

Glad you guys had a nice day. God bless, and enjoy the toasty winter weather!

Anne said...

Sounds like a fun day.

We're thankful for you and your family!