Wednesday, October 18, 2006

brotherly love

We are reading through the book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World in our Bible study and today part of our discussion was about God's "unconditional, never-ending love"...agape love. Although the love we express is tainted with sin, I think God shows us little reflections of the magnitude of His love for us in our earthly relationships. I first thought of the love I have for my children...it is automatic...and for the most part, in spite of. But I also thought of the love that Ethan has for his little brother. There are moments of jealousy or irritations but I love to see how they light up around each other and to see how Ethan already wants to care for Jude. If this is a glimpse of God's greatness...it makes me stand in awe and thankfulness of who God is...because His love is even greater than this.

1 comment:

Tara Burnett said...

Wow. Maybe you should start writing devotionals...in your spare time of course:)