Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

This is my favorite summer holiday (not that there are many summer holidays). My memories of the 4th are family get togethers, sparklers and watermelon.



Ethan and I started out the day by going to a parade a few blocks over. He got a balloon, candy, a paper Republican fan (notice the picture of Jude holding it...we're starting him young), popcorn, popsicles and a kazoo which he played the whole way home. We had a good time!


We celebrated the later afternoon/evening over at a friends house. They had quite the set up with a pool, trampoline, hot tub, great food and their own little display of fireworks in the street (which I missed because I had to take Jude home to go to sleep and apparently Ethan didn't like the noise, so Jason didn't see much of it either). But I was very excited about the fireworks display on the beach again. The great thing about living so close to the beach is that I could actually see the fireworks from our lanai, so even though the kiddo's were in bed we could still enjoy the fireworks.

So what a great day of not only food, friends and family but to thank God for our independence as a nation and for all of the men and women that are making sacrifices for that!

No comments: