Saturday, September 07, 2013

Chickens - Part 3

Don't worry. My blog will not turn into the chicken blog. This will be my last post on chickens...well maybe one more when they lay their first eggs. We're eagerly awaiting that. But here is our crew...pecking around the yard eating the bugs and clover, their two favorite treats.
 This is Tiger. She is the chicken with nine lives. I nursed her back to health after an attack from a raccoon. I think at times we thought she was a goner but she pulled through and has joined the rest of the brood.
 At times she still thinks she is human and will hop up on our lap (if we're outside) and snuggle a bit. Weird I know. This is Tiger on my lap. No, she is not dead she is sleeping.
 This is Ansley holding the chicks when they were smaller. She asks if we can hatch more because she LOVED these baby chicks and would hold them any chance she could get. Besides Tiger, they're not so easy to hold any more.
 But if you have food they will come up and eat out of your hand. They are funny creatures. I definitely have loved the experience of having them and that my kids have had the experience too. The learning never stops.
 This is Wolf our rooster which has a new home now. He thought it was okay to crow anytime of the day, and quite loudly, so I was nervous our neighbors would start complaining. Now he has a nice home out in the country where he can crow all he wants.

No comments: