Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our new home

This was the before pictures...so glad it doesn't look like this anymore.

Not that everything has its place yet but we're getting there. I can't wait til we are settled completely but even though we're not it feels like it's been our home for a while. We are so grateful for how God has provided this great little house that meets every last one of our needs.


 And part of the slow process of unpacking and getting things in their place is due to these cute, needy, sweet, emotional, fun girls.
 We even started painting. I only have a before but as you can see...not so pretty.
 We sort of live in the country but also in a neighborhood. The boys have loved the woods and nature and I have loved the seclusion of being out here but also having people right next door. The boys even brought home one of their finds (the turtle) while they were out exploring a little creek. They wanted so badly to keep it but I had to explain that it is wild and needed to stay outside.
 Since things were a bit crazy I didn't get their first day of school pics but a couple of days later remembered while we were pulling weeds...I mean having P.E. and snapped their pictures.
 And then the girls also had their first day of school for their brothers picture. Another thing I forgot to mention is that Ansley got her first haircut this summer. Not because I decided to finally cut her hair but because Ansley and her cousin found the scissors this summer and well...Ansley had fun cutting off long strands of her hair and this is how short I had to cut it to match the lengths all around.
And our first gardening in our new house. I'm loving the gardens and outdoor space here. Can't wait for the spring.

3 comments:

Joc said...

Hi!! I've missed you! Let's catch up soon, k?

Ansley looks so grown up with her short hair!

Lori Waggoner said...

I have a friend who, when her children bring her a turtle from the woods, puts a marking with paint on its shell so if he wanders back, they'll recognize him. I thought that was brilliant.

Scott and Ashley said...

So happy for you guys! I can't wait to see more pics of the house. I know you guys will make it look so cute! I think Ansley's haircut suits her very well! :-) Miss you guys!