Sunday, June 12, 2011

1 month old



I think I've said she is one month old for the past week that I can't help but think "she's only 1 month old?" But here we are. Our little Lainey has been a part of our family for 1 month. She started out as a pretty easy, content little thing and I thought this transition was going to be pretty easy. But as she's gotten past that sleepy newborn stage her naps have seemed to shorten which is followed by fussiness that can only be helped by holding. Ah, I am thankful for this little girl but I will be so glad to be out of the newborn phase.


We're looking forward to the next few weeks as she continues to be more aware (which may contribute to the lack of longer naps) and content. The kiddo's continue to adore her although she usually responds by crying...especially to Ansley who doesn't understand personal space very much. A sort of smile...


...and then we were done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww....she looks older and more filled out already. They change so quickly. Miss you baby Lainey and kiddos and Erin!

Auntie Tara

Anonymous said...

Ditto Tara's comments. Seems like I have been back for ages. Miss you all. Mom

Joc said...

Oh, but now that my boys are past the newborn stage, I kinda miss it! :) She is just so cute. She seems like such a good combo of all your kids. I love her half smile.

Can you believe you were visiting this time last year? I miss you!