Wednesday, January 24, 2007

womens retreat


My time lately has been spent with WIC activities. I have a refreshed outlook on this ministry since the new year and I am really excited to see the opportunities that God is presenting. One of them being our womens retreat coming up in April. Both of our Bible studies are studying the book Peacemaking Women and my friend Anne told me about the possibility of one of the authors, Tara Barthel, coming to speak at our retreat. So we've been looking at possible dates and other details and it looks like it will work. I have been challenged so much by this book and I have seen how God is changing parts of my life to be more obedient to how he has called me to be. I hope and pray that God will use this retreat to challenge not only myself but other ladies that are going to attend...and above all that God will be glorified.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, I hope this works out! I'd love to meet Tara in person and hear her speak on this book. It's challenged me so much. Thanks for all your work on WIC. You're doing a great job!

Momathon said...

Wouldn't that be such a treat to hear the author after we finish the book? I really appreciate the work you put into WIC, by the way.