Friday, January 26, 2007

day at the farm





Ethan, Jude and I went out to the far west side of the island today to spend the morning at my friend Julie's friends (Koleen) house. She told me her friend had a farm with horses and tractors and a beautiful new house. I knew Ethan would love it and I figured Jude could just take his nap out there while we walked around the pastures and enjoyed the outdoors. Well we had a blast but I should have known a farm in Hawaii is different than a farm on the mainland. It was a 2 acre lot with a chain link fence and houses on either side. It was still incredibly peaceful and had a panoramic view of the mountains. But it made me laugh because I was picturing rolling hills and barb wire fences with miles between the houses. But I guess when you live on an island you can't have that much space.


None the less, Ethan loved playing with his buddy Jed and they got so dirty and ran around so much that Ethan came home and fell right asleep for his nap. He's asked me about 3 times since we've been home if we can go back and see the horses and tractors. It was a boys paradise...dirt, rocks, animals and machines.

No comments: