Monday, August 15, 2011

the big 8

I can't believe Ethan is 8 years old. I can't believe I am a mom of an 8 year old. Where does the time go? It definitely goes way too fast sometimes. Here is a run down of the days events. Ethan wanted to go putt-putt for his birthday so we had a bit of a golf theme.


We started off with our traditional breakfast where our breakfast food is in the shape of the number they are turning. Usually this would entail homemade pancakes. But with a newborn in the house we tend to do what's easiest and fastest. So our Eggo waffles were cut into the number 8.The birthday cake was a golf course...of course.Ethan opening his camera. He had been hoping to get one so he can take his own pictures. And my favorite part of the whole evening...putt-putt. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Our kids acted like we were at Disney Land. Glad they're so easy to please. Each hole was pretty much this chaotic...I kept telling them to take turns and then I just gave up.Jude looks like he's playing baseball instead of golf...especially the way the boys would hit their golf ball. I think they were trying to hit a home-run rather than a hole-in-one.And then I realized why I don't take pictures of myself within 6 months after having a baby...no makeup, no hairstyle, pasty skin and frumpy formless nursing shirts. Lovely.Lainey was as content as could be...as long as she could get her hands into her mouth.I think Ansley thought this was the best playground ever.


And a little video of Ansley who would shout out after every hole she made "I won!"








What a fun day we had celebrating Ethan's life. We love this kid and are so thankful for him.

3 comments:

sohee said...

What a sweet post! Had to laugh about your comments about your picture. You are a beautiful mom Erin :) Cannot believe Ethan is 8!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! Looked like everyone had fun playing golf. I love how the younger kids "help" the ball in. Anna swings at it about 2 times and then she picks it up and drops it in the hole.

Tara

Joc said...

Happy (VERY LATE) Birthday Ethan!