Monday, May 02, 2011

where does the time go

I don't think I've ever gone this long without blogging. So I'll just give a quick update:

~We're on a mission to finish school before this little babe comes. We plan to wrap up Wednesday on 4 subjects and the other 2 we'll finish the following Monday. So we've been busy around here being diligent in our studies and it has paid off. Ethan is wrapping up 2nd grade and Jude is anxious to start Kindergarten in the Fall. Ethan took his standardized testing about a month ago and passed with great scores so it's good to know he has been growing in his learning over the year and is right where he needs to be (it reassures this homeschooling mom who wonders if he is learning what he needs to and understanding it). Jude's big accomplishment is that he is reading some basic reader books. He is very proud of himself and I love seeing him light up when he realizes he can actually read!
~I've had a few orders for my bears so I have been sewing in my free time. It's nice to have the extra cash and have time for a little creativity before my life comes to a standstill for a few months. :o)


~This baby girl is growing and so is my belly. I have to say I am SO ready for her to come. Two more weeks until the due date. Jason's mom comes tomorrow and I told this little one that she can come anytime after that. Hopefully she's just as ready and will make her debut soon.


~I just started preparing for this baby this past weekend. The ladies at the church threw me a baby shower and we were overwhelmed by everyones generosity. So I washed clothes, raised the crib mattress, washed out the car seat and have a diaper supply (from the shower) that will last for months. So I think we're ready...except for a middle name. We can't agree on one yet. But I think we have nailed down a first name. Ansley keeps saying "baby come out", which I thought at first was because she was excited to have a baby sister. But I think I've realized that all she really wants is my lap back.


~Ansley is moving along on her potty training. Not quite accident free but she's getting there. She has grown up so much lately and it's really fun to hear more of her thoughts and see her little personality come out more and more. I am curious to see how she will react to being a big sister. With her it could go either way.


~ Jason has his lessons planned out for the rest of the school year so he can pass off his classes when our baby girl arrives. He's been busy completing house projects, moving furniture, doing house chores, and helping any way he can. Who says nesting is only for the mothers?


Hopefully that wasn't too boring. But our lives are all about preparing for this baby and doing our day to day routine. And because of that I have taken about 2 pictures this past month...mainly because I forget to take my camera places and captures our lives on film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Waiting to hear what this little baby girl's name is. Happy Mother's Day. Mom