Friday, June 30, 2006

God is Good

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of God's beautiful creation here in "paradise". These grow right out our back door (plumeria and papayas) and I know I take it for granted.

A friend of mine gave me a book called A Mother's Touch which I have read parts of. I came across the chapter "Devotional Living".
Elise Arndt says that "devotional living is the process of conveying spiritual truths throughout our daily experiences...so our senses become sharpened as we begin to recognize opportunities for talking about the message of salvation when we sit, walk, lie down, or rise up". (Deut. 6:7) This chapter challenged me on how much I talk about God to my children throughout the day. She wrote about praising God for his beautiful creation while going on a walk...or listening to the birds singing and talking to our children about Matthew 6:26...or just to tell them that Jesus loves them...or to watch the ants go by and talk about being diligent like the ants-Proverbs 6:6, etc.

I want to recognize God in my dailyness so that praise for God will be heard more than my frustrations or complaints.
So I want to start by praising God for
the way he has provided for our family,
the friends he's given us here,
the beautiful rainbows that we see here so often,
a great church that we are so encouraged and challenged by,
a wonderful and loving husband and two great little boys,
a roof over our heads and food to eat,
beautiful creation for us to enjoy,
and putting us exactly where we need to be.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yes, God is good! I'm thankful that He brought you and your family here to Hawaii!