Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Proverbs

A few more nuggets from my Bible study book Proverbs: The Ways of Wisdom by Kathleen Nielson...as I've been catching up from what I missed while I was in St. Louis. Proverbs is a book of conviction, accountability, hope and God's amazing grace. It has really challenged me in so many ways.

"A hot-tempered man must pay the penalty; if you rescue him, you will have to do it again." Proverbs 19:19 (or the lazy man, etc.)

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." Proverbs 14:30

"Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD." Proverbs 23:17

"Pride, anger, and envy block the heart. Cleaning out such attitudes allows wisdom's qualities to grow in our hearts." (p.95)

"Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death." Proverbs 19:18

"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19

No comments: