Thursday, April 03, 2008

look what came in the mail




If you would have told me that one day I would be giddy over curriculum I would have rolled my eyes at you and said "Yeah right". We just received Ethan's Kindergarten curriculum in the mail and I am seriously excited over it. Yes, a bit weird and dorky I know. But there is something about teaching Ethan that is so rewarding...not always fun all the time, but absolutely fulfilling to build a foundation for him that will hopefully bring fruits of a godly man that desires to follow and love God with his heart, soul and mind. Overwhelming yes, but a challenge that stretches me and hopefully grows me as well. It's funny how the thought of homeschooling in the past was always followed by a thought of "no way", "never" (yes, all do to a laziness of not wanting to do all that work)...but now that we are in a place where public schools are the furthest thing from an option, and Christian schools are too expensive, God has opened up the door to homeschooling as the only option. I am thankful that he made it very clear this was the route he chose for us because I have no doubt that this is what we are to be doing with and for our boys. So as we wrap up this year of preschool over the next couple of months, I pray that I will continue to be thankful for this opportunity to teach my boys and that I will meet the challenges with humility and wisdom that can only come from God my Savior.

3 comments:

Joc said...

I'm so excited for you! I'd always thought the same way about homeschooling too- but seeing both of my siblings embrace it and LOVE it for their families, has completely turned my mind around. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in teaching. :) Miss you!

RT said...

I, too, pray that the Lord will make schooling choices clear for us. I'm pretty much thinking "no way" in regards to homeschool and "yes" to public school (ours are great), but still, there's some indecision left in my heart.

Your curricular materials look like fun! Your kids will have a great teacher...

Momathon said...

Welcome to the nerd club. Soon you will get your kicks with a trip to Office Max! ;-) Seriously, though, good for you in finding the joy of this privelege of homeschooling. It isn't always fun or easy, but is always good. Good for you all!