Tuesday, December 07, 2010

O Christmas tree

Our yearly tradition is to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and purposefully miss Black Friday all together. So we woke up, had pumpkin cinnamon rolls for breakfast, turned on the Christmas music, drug out our 2 boxes of Christmas decorations and spent the morning getting ready for the Christmas season. This is my favorite holiday of the year. I love and am grateful all over again for what the holiday represents (Christ and his life, death and resurrection for our salvation in fulfillment of the promises made) and I love that it brings community in the church and many family times together.
The boys were just as excited for this day and Ansley acted as if she had done this many times before. I think since this day she has re-arranged the lower half of the tree at least a dozen times.

And then, of course, you have to make a ship out of the empty Christmas tree box when you're all done.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Have you posted the recipe for the pumpkin cinn rolls before, or is this a new one? They sound wonderful! Oh, and I love the pics! Looks like you all had a great time together.

Joc said...

It's so festive at your house! Your kids are gonna have the best Christmas memories. Missing you lots these days. One of these nights when the boys keep me up I should really call you. :)