Thursday, November 08, 2007

being crafty


Christmas is on my mind...maybe it's because everywhere I turn there are already Christmas decorations. But that's okay. I love the Christmas season...it is my favorite holiday (I've even listened to Christmas music already). And with Christmas brings out my crafty-side. Not sure why.

So earlier this week I saw this great craft idea and thought it would be great for Christmas decorations as gifts or for my own tree. I love it when other people are creative and I can copy their ideas. All you need is:
  • 3 inch or larger styrofoam balls
  • Mod Podge
  • fabric cut into 3/4 inch X 10 inch strips
  • ribbon
  • pins
It's pretty easy and I've never worked with Mod Podge before. So you just lather on the Mod Podge and fabric strips until the styrofoam is covered, let dry and then stick a pin in a strip of ribbon into the decorated ball (I added a little bit of glue around the pin to make sure it didn't come out).
We also have some other fun colors to try too. Ethan really enjoyed this craft because it required glue. He loves to glue things together or even puddle it on paper just for the fun of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, you are so creative--even if it is someone else's idea. So glad that Ethan is into messes--I mean crafts--hands on things. Mom H