Monday, September 10, 2007

mini-vacation?





This past weekend I had a WIC Council retreat with our new ladies on the council. We rented a cabin on the Marine Base for Friday night and had fun talking and getting to know one another. Then Saturday morning we did a bunch of brainstorming and planning for this next year. I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. I think this year will really challenge me...I don't think in easy ways but in good ways.

We had to rent the cabin for the weekend, so I thought it might be nice to use the last night there to have a mini-vacation with Jason and the kiddo's. Well it didn't really end up being a vacation but we did manage to take Saturday afternoon and evening to swim and play at the beach (which was right out the back door), have dinner together as a family and then head home to go to bed (thankfully it was only about a 5 minute drive).

The water was perfect here because we were in a little cove. So the water was almost as still as a lake...yet the water was clear, so I could see where I was stepping and what other creatures were in the there with me. Jude loved that he could walk around in the water and not get knocked over by waves. Ethan paddled around in his inter-tube and Jason and I just sat in the shallow water and talked...which is the closest thing we've had to a vacation in a while.

3 comments:

Malia said...

looks like fun! So, where are we going for our Birthdays this year? Miss you tons Birthday buddy! Love, Malia

Anonymous said...

I am glad you all got away for a short time. Everyone needs little breaks and "mini-vacations". Mom H

Krista said...

Yay for talking! I'm glad you had time to catch up with your honey.